- Bake the scampi in the oven according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile slice and butter the bread.
- Make the mayonnaise by finely chopping one of the gherkins and combining with the capers, half the lemon juice, half the chopped herbs and seasoning.
- Spread the mayonnaise over the bread.
- Slice the rest of the gherkins and lay on one slice of the bread. Top with the hot scampi, a squeeze of lemon juice, the salad leaves and remaining herbs.
- Add the second slice of bread, slice in half and enjoy.