Recipe provided by The Old Thatched Inn
- Place the hazelnuts, almonds, pine nuts, anchovies, garlic and capers into a food processor and blend.
- Transfer the nut mixture to a bowl. Add the eggs, crushed grissini, mint, parmesan, lemon zest, salt and freshly ground black pepper and stir well to create a paste. If it appears a little wet, add some more crushed grissini.
- Place the trout on a chopping board and stuff the cavities with the paste.
- Tie each trout in three places with raffia or kitchen string to wrap the fish closed around the stuffing.
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan big enough to fit all four trout; alternatively divide the butter between two frying pans.
- When the butter has melted, add the fish and fry for 3-5 minutes on each side, or until just cooked through.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil over a high heat. Add a pinch of salt and the purple sprouting broccoli and cook for 2-3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a frying pan until hot and add the olive oil and garlic, stir fry for 30 seconds before adding the drained broccoli. Stir-fry for one minute, and then add the lemon juice and season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- To serve, place each trout onto a serving plate and place equal amounts of the broccoli alongside.