- Place smoked mackerel, crème fraiche, lemon zest & juice in a mixing bowl and beat well.
- Add horseradish, mustard and chives, season well.
- Put into clean jars and chill for 10 minutes.
- Now top with melted butter and store in fridge.
Serve with pickled beetroot relish
- 1 beetroot (peeled & grated), 1 shallot (sliced), 2 tsp rice vinegar, 1/2 tsp caster sugar, a few peppercorns (crushed)
- Simply mix vinegar, sugar & peppercorns, bring to the boil in small pot. Add beetroot, shallot & chilli then serve.
- Serve smoked mackerel pâté on crackers with pickled beetroot relish and dress with watercress & lemon wedges.
Seafish have teamed up with local seafood producers and Chef Stephen Jeffers of the Belfast Cookery School to promote the easiest ways to prepare and cook seafood and to celebrate the diversity and quality of produce landed around the coast of Northern Ireland (NI) as they exhibit at the Balmoral Show (May 11-13 2016) for the very first time.