These delicious Bhajis are a real favourite here (Heather counts them as being in her top 3 fish dishes of all time!) and we've given them a festive makeover!
- Preheat your fryer oil or if you don't have a fryer you can use a deep-sided pan and fill it up to a third. The oil has to be piping hot for Bhajis to be at their best. Chefs tell us 180 degrees.
- Place the red onion, coriander, turmeric, flour, cumin seeds and mackerel in tomato sauce in a large bowl and mix everything together.
- This mixture will make 16 Bhajis. We recommend you half the mixture in the bowl by placing a spoon down the mixture and then half again so you have four quarters this will help you get the Bhajis the right size.
- Run your hands in water under the tap so they are wet and this means you can now take each quarter of the mixture and roll it into four balls.
- Using a fish slice or slotted spoon gently lower the balls into the hot oil and leave for 2-3 mins before lifting them carefully out onto kitchen paper to remove the excess oil. We recommend you test one Bhaji first for the oil.