- Make the batter: dissolve the yeast in a little of the milk, then add to the rest of the milk. Stir into the flour to form a smooth batter. Cover and allow to stand until the mixture starts to bubble.
- Fill a wok with vegetable oil to a depth of 2cm and heat until hot.
- Dip the prawns and vegetables individually into the batter. Then place each piece into the hot fat. Fry until the prawns are cooked through and golden, then drain on kitchen paper.
- Fry the chorizo until crispy and mix the soured cream with the chives.
- Serve the prawns and vegetables with the lettuce and soured cream, topped with the smoked paprika and a squeeze of lemon juice.
For speed, use a packet of batter mix rather than making your own.