This dish is all about the presentation. To make your platter look like Captain America's Shield, you will need...
- A large red plate
- A smaller red plate
- A star shaped cookie cutter
- Mix the crab meat with the mayonnaise and a squeeze of lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to season. Spoon the mixture into a star shaped cookie cutter and place in the fridge to set.
- Clean and de-beard the mussels. If any mussels are opened, tap them lightly on a hard surface. If they don't close, discard them. Cover the base of a pan with water and heat on the hob until steaming. Add the fresh mussels and cover with a lid. Allow to steam until they open, this should take 3-4 minutes. Strain the mussels from the pan and allow to cool (remember to discard any that don't open).
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a high heat until smoking. Carefully add the squid in a single layer, then add the butter, garlic and chilli. Cook, tossing frequently, until the squid is opaque and cooked through, about 1-2 minutes (do not overcook as this will make the squid tough). Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the smaller red plate on top of the larger. Remove the crab meat from the fridge and set in the centre. Place the mussels around the crab meat, in a circular fashion. Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Place the prawns around the mussels, once again, forming a circle. Finally, place the squid rings onto the bottom plate, so that the form a band of white.
- Serve with lemon wedges and crackers (for the crab meat).