- Boil the lobster for 12 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool, then remove all the meat.
- Place all the shell in a pan with 1 chopped carrot, ½ chopped onion, 2 celery sticks, 2 bay leaves, tsp peppercorns and 2 tblsp tomato puree.
- Just cover with water and simmer for 8 hours smashing up the shells periodically and topping up with water.
- Strain, reduce to 250ml add a measure of brandy or Pernod or ½ glass white wine and the cream.
- Bring to simmer, thicken with a little cornflour.
- Divide lobster into 4 oven proof pots, pour over sauce, finish in a hot oven until bubbling.