We are bringing you scallops this August as our seafood of the month. So delicious and succulent, these little beauties contain 21.7g of protein per 140g (according to the Food Nutrition Table website) which:
- can contribute to a growth in your muscle mass,
- can contribute to the maintenance of normal bones
- and is also needed for normal growth and development in bone in children
Did you also know that scallops are:
- low in fat
- low in saturates
- and low in sugars
- rich in omega-3, which contributes to the normal function of the heart
- rich in vitamin B12 which can reduce tiredness and fatigue
- rich in phosphorus, which helps in the maintenance of normal teeth and bones
As you can see there are so many great reasons to try these tasty morsels and they couldn’t be easier to cook. We’ve got some fabulous recipes for you to try this August.
These seared scallops with rocket pesto can be ready in less than 20 minutes and are ideal for a light starter.
Our scallops wrapped with serrano ham are a perfect way to start off a dinner party, with a handful of ingredients and ready in 10 minutes you won’t have to stay away from your guests for long.
Are you looking to show off your foodie skills? Then look no further and try out these steamed scallops in their shells from our friends at Billingsgate Seafood School. It’s so simple but looks so impressive that your guests won’t be able to stop commenting on your culinary skills.
There’s no cooking at all in the scallop ceviche recipe. Fresh and appetising this dish encompasses the idea of summer especially serving them in their shells!
Let us know how you like to have your scallops by tweeting us at @fishisthedish.
Would this article encourage you to eat seafood?