Winter is coming and with it brings a new seafood of the month and this month it’s prawns! Prawns are such an easy seafood to cook with. Whether they are frozen, chilled or fresh, they are so accessible, inexpensive and delicious. Not to mention great for your health as well.
Prawns are high in:
- Protein which supports muscle mass
- Vitamin B12 which can reduce tiredness and fatigue
- Selenium which is great for your immune system
They are also a source of:
- Vitamin E (contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress)
- Potassium (contributes to regulating fluid balance, muscle contractions and nerve signals)
- Phosphorus (helps to form strong bones and teeth)
- Zinc (which contributes to the normal function of the immune system)
- Copper (which contributes to the normal function of the nervous system)
With all these fantastic benefits there shouldn’t be any hesitation in jumping in and trying this scrumptious seafood in some of our tempting recipes.
First up is our cherry tomato, basil and garlic prawns in courgette recipe. Fresh, flavoursome and oh so, easy to create.
Our prawn pil pil will have you remembering those summer days. It’s a dish for the foodies among you and is ready in 30 minutes. With only a handful of ingredients try it out today.
Have you tried out our avocado prawn burger yet? Ready in less than 25 minutes, this prawn burger is better than any beef or chicken burger. Don’t believe us, then try it for yourself and tweet us your pics at @fishisthedish.
Would this article encourage you to eat seafood?