- Open the scallops with a strong knife and prepare. Remove and reserve the roes and cut the white meat in half horizontally.
- Scrub the scallop shells (tops and bottoms) under running cold water and set aside.
- Blanch in boiling water for 2 minutes, refresh with cold water and set aside.
- Roll out the pastry and cut it into 3 strips long enough to run around the lip of the scallop shell. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas mark 8.
- Divide the seaweed mong the scallop shells. Put the roe and 3 rounds of the white meat on each shell and drizzle with the sesame oil, seeds, lime zest and juice and a splash of soy sauce.
- Put the empty shells on top of the filled shells and edge each with a strip of the pastry, brushed with the water, to seal completely. Bake in the oven for 10–12 minutes, according to the size of the scallops, and serve, still piping hot, directly in the shells. The pastry will be golden brown.