- Cut each squid tube in half down the length. Cut each half into 3 equal sized pieces. Lay the squid pieces on a chopping board with the softer inside facing up.
- Using a sharp knife, score the squid in a criss-cross pattern, taking care not to cut all the way through.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat and quickly fry the squid for 1 minute, until it has curled up and is lightly golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Reduce the heat and add the onion and garlic and gently fry for 5 minutes until softened. Add the chorizo and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Stir in the flour, cook for 1 minute, remove from the heat and gradually stir in the stock.
- Return to the heat and bring to the boil, stirring, until the sauce has thickened. Add the butter beans, lemon juice and squid, and gently heat.
- Season to taste, garnish with the chopped herbs and serve.