- Add the oil, potatoes, onion and chilli to a frying pan and fry until the onion is cooked through and the potatoes just starting to brown.
- Check the sides of the frittata – if it comes away easily and you can begin to see a golden colour and very little juice, remove from the heat and turn out onto a large plate – I use a pizza plate. Serve immediately with a large salad. Some of mine like to sprinkle extra chopped chilli over the top but that’s up to you.
- Put the eggs, milk, fish sauce or salt (if using) and chopped herbs into a big bowl and stir until all the ingredients are combined.
- Add the butter (or oil) to the frying pan with the potato mix and leave it to melt and start to bubble. Add the egg mixture and the prawns and, using a spatula, start stirring, making sure you bring in the mixture from around the edges.
- Keep stirring until the mixture really starts to thicken then flatten out on the top and if possible cover with a lid or a large heat-proof plate. If not, turn the heat down low and wait until the top of the frittata has set. (If you have a grill, place under a hot grill for a few minutes.)