- Clean the shellfish thoroughly and make sure all the shells are tightly closed and without any gaps or cracks. Discards any with shells that are damaged or open.
- Place the ginger, garlic, coriander (reserve a little for garnishing), lemongrass, chilli and turmeric into a food processor or hand blender bowl. Process until a paste is formed.
- Heat the oil in a large lidded pan, then add the onions and fry for 1 minute over a high heat.
- Add the spice paste and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add the coconut milk, bring to the boil and add the lime zest and the mussels.
- Cook with the lid on for about 5 minutes, or until the mussels open. Discard any mussels that don’t open. Add a squeeze of lime juice and stir.
- Chop the remaining coriander. Serve in bowls garnished with the chopped coriander and lime wedges. Delicious with chunks of crusty bread to mop up the sauce.