Baking tray, large bowl, measuring jug, measuring spoons, chopping board, knife, fork and 2 shallow bowls.
- Preheat the oven to 200C or gas mark 6.
- Grease or line a baking tray.
- Remove the skin from the mackerel and break into flakes.
- Chop the parsley and spring onions.
- Mix the mackerel, parsley, spring onions and sweetcorn into the mashed potato. Allow to cool.
- Beat the egg in a shallow bowl.
- Pour the breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl.
- Dust hands and a chopping board with flour and divide the fish cake mixture into eight.
- Shape into round flat cake.
- Dip each fish cakes into the egg and then into the breadcrumbs. Repeat with all the cakes. Place in the fridge and chill for up to 30 minutes.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until golden.
8 fish cakes
- Add cooked peas or chopped red pepper to the mix.
- Shape the fish cakes into a fish!