- Put 2/3 of your rocket, the parmesan, garlic and pine nuts into a food processor, and whizz it up until it's a thick paste.
- Drizzle in the oil and mix until the paste is of a spoonable texture. You could use a pestle and mortar instead of the processor.
- Chop the shallots and slice the tomatoes. Melt the butter in a frying pan; cook the shallots for a few minutes and remove from the pan.
- Add the scallops to the pan and cook for 3 minutes without moving them around. Turn the scallops over and cook the other side likewise. Pop them into a bowl to keep them warm.
- Wipe the pan and add the tomatoes. Cook for 3 minutes each side, until warm and beginning to caramelise.
- Make a bed of the tomatoes and top with the warm scallops and shallots. Drizzle on some of your rocket pesto and stick a handful of rocket leaves on the side. Serve immediately.
When cooking scallops, make sure your frying pan is very hot then start at the top - 12 o'clock - and place the scallops in a clock face round the pan. Once the last scallop has been placed on the pan, the first one (in 12 o’clock position) will be ready to turn over, and after another round, they’ll be ready to serve.