- Preheat the barbecue or grill.
- Make diagonal cuts across the surface of the squid, taking care not to cut right through the flesh.
- Mix all the salsa ingredients together and season to taste, leaving a few spoonfuls to one side.
- Stuff the squid pockets with the few spoonsfuls of salsa set aside. Secure the open end with a soaked wooden skewer and brush lightly with the oil.
- Place the stuffed squid on the barbecue or under the grill and cook for 6-8 minutes on each side until lightly golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with the remaining salsa and the lemon wedges.