- Cover the tomatoes in boiling water for one minute, then slip out of their skins. Quarter, discard the skins and chop the flesh
- Combine in a bowl with the capers, extra virgin olive oil, black pepper and salt, half the lemon juice and the lemon zest
- Heat the butter in a frying pan. Fry the plaice for a couple of minutes on each side on a medium heat.
- Squeeze over the remaining lemon juice and season. Remove from the heat.
- Tear the basil and add to the tomatoes.
- Serve the plaice with the cooking juices poured over the top, alongside the tomato mixture and new potatoes