- Cook spaghetti al dente (as instructed on pack). Remove muscle from the side of scallops, place on dry kitchen towel and refrigerate.
- Place a pan on a medium heat, add butter, smoked haddock and garlic. Cook together for 2 mins.
- Add cream, bring to boil, add peas and lemon juice, cook for a further 3 mins to reduce sauce and cook peas.
- Place a frying pan on high heat, add sunﬂower oil carefully, then place the ‘seasoned’ scallops ﬂat side down in pan. Cook for 2-3 mins to seal and carmelise to a rich brown colour.
- Warm your plate.
- Turn scallops over carefully and cook for a further 3 mins.
- Add the drained pasta to the smoked haddock cream mixture and return to heat reducing sauce and making the mixture a little dry (not runny). Taste for seasoning.Using a roasting fork place into the pasta mix turning clockwise to twist on the pasta. Place in the centre of plate and lift oﬀ leaving a neat carbonara, place around the scallops.
- Sprinkle on the pasta the parmesan cheese & fresh chopped chives.
Recipes provided by So Much To Sea...