- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas mark 4.
- Heat half the sunflower oil in a saucepan. Add the chorizo and onion and sweat gently for 2-3 minutes. Add the chickpeas and cook for 2 minutes. Add the tomato purée and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Dissolve the stock cube in 200ml boiling water and add to the pan. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 5 minutes. Mix through the tomatoes and parsley, then pop a lid on the pan and put the stew to one side.
- Heat the remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan. Place the hake in the pan, skin side down, and cook on a moderate heat for 2 minutes. Once well seared, flip over and cook for a further 1 minute, then place into the oven for 5 minutes, or until the fish is cooked.
- Serve the hake on a bed of the chickpea and chorizo stew.
Thanks to our friends at Seafood Scotland for this recipe!