- Clean the mussels thoroughly and make sure all the shells are tightly closed and without any gaps or cracks. Discard any with shells that are damaged or open.
- Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions, drain and keep warm.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the onion and garlic. Fry over a medium heat for about 5 minutes, until softened (do not allow the onions to colour).
- Increase the heat, add the wine and mussels, season with salt and pepper, cover and steam for 5 minutes.
- Add the cream or crème fraiche and shake to combine with the mussels.
- Add the pasta and toss through to combine with the cream sauce.
- Dish the pasta and mussels up between two bowls, discarding any mussels which haven’t opened.
- Garnish with the chopped parsley and serve immediately.