- Discard any cracked or open mussels.
- Heat the sunflower oil in pan big enough to take all the mussels once opened.
- Add the chopped shallots, chopped leeks and the bacon cook for a few minutes until the shallots become translucent but not coloured.
- Add the white wine, bring to the boil and add the mussels.
- Cover and cook until the mussels are open.
- Discard any unopened mussels. Drain the mussels in a colander, re-strain the juices thorough a fine sieve to remove any grit then bring back to the boil.
- Add the cream and boil until the mix becomes a light sauce consistency, pour back over the mussels and throw in the chopped parsley, mix through and serve immediately.