Jam-packed with tasty mackerel (or whatever fish you desire – cod, haddock and even monkfish work just as well) and smooth mash, fishcakes are the perfect mid-week meal. Not only are they delicious in taste, they’re also deliciously easy – and on your plate in less than 30 minutes!
- Mash mashed potato with cooked white fish or smoked mackerel fillets.
- Add onion/herbs and seasoning for flavour.
- Shape or use cutters to get the desired effect.
- Whisk the eggs and lay out in a bowl alongside a bowl of flour and a bowl of breadcrumbs.
- Gently flour, egg and breadcrumb each fishcake.
- Tidy up the shape if need be.
- Bake for 20 minutes or shallow fry for 10, five on each side.
- Serve with healthy veg/mayo/tomato sauce.