- Wash the mussels in a colander to remove any grit and pick through and remove any string bits from the edge and discard any that stay open.
- Place the butter in a large pan and gently cook the shallots and garlic for a couple of minutes
- Add the cider and bring to the boil
- Then add the mussels and thyme
- Place a lid on the pan and cook for 3- 4 minutes until the mussels start to open
- Add the cream and parsley and stir
- Place the mussels into bowls and pour the sauce over them and serve with crusty bread
- Any mussels that haven’t open discard