Sardines are a much underused fish but they're delicious and good for you so we need to try and eat more of them! This recipe is great as a lunchtime snack and also great cooked on the barbecue or as a rustic starter.
- Heat a griddle pan to get it nice and hot. Rub a little of the oil on the sardines and season with salt and pepper, add them to the pan and cook for 5 minutes
- Mix the harissa with olive oil and lemon juice, turn the sardines over and brush them with the harissa marinade, keep turning and spreading the harissa over the sardines until they are cooked. (You can checked they are cooked go to the thickest part of the sardine, it should come away easily from the bones).
- Toast the sourdough both sides in the pan
- Stack with dressed rocket leaves drizzled with lemon juice and olive oil
- Add the grilled sardines to the top of the rocket leaves and crumble the feta cheese over the top, drizzle with yoghurt and sprinkle the chopped mint over the top.
Recipe kindly provided by Morrisons.