A great way of eating crab! Try these crab cakes which are great as a starter or try them with salad. If you don’t want to make them spicy, simply leave out the chillies and the ginger and use chopped spring onions and parsley, or even capers, instead.
- Place the ginger and chilli in a food processor and pulse till finely chopped
- In a bowl mix together the chilli and ginger with the crab meat, coriander and spring onions, crack in one egg and mix well, then stir in 4 tablespoons of the breadcrumbs.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and mould into patties, place on a tray and chill for about 20 minutes before cooking
- Pre heat the oven to 180oc
- Beat the remaining egg in a bowl with a tablespoon of water to make an egg wash, place flour in another bowl and the remaining breadcrumbs in another. Dredge the cakes in the flour then the egg then the breadcrumbs, shake to remove excess crumbs and repeat till all breadcrumbs are used
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and gently fry the crab cakes to get a light golden brown each side then transfer to an oven tray and bake for 5-10 minutes or until piping hot all the way through.
- Serve the cakes with sweet chilli sauce salad leaves, lime wedges, a good squeeze of lime juice and a drizzle of olive oil.
Recipe kindly provided by Morrisons.