Here's how to make the greatest thing ever since fish fingers - try using plaice it has a delicate flavour but a good meaty texture. Try these with tartare sauce in a thick sandwich made from Morrisons sourdough bloomers!
- Place the Plaice flesh side up on a board and cut into long strips - you should get four fingers out of each fillet
- Roll these in the flour, the egg and then finally the breadcrumbs, then set aside ready for frying
- Mix all your ingredients together for the tartare sauce
- To deep fry the fish fingers, heat your oil to 180c (if you don’t have a thermometer test by sprinkling in some of the breadcrumbs and if they sizzle its ready)
- Fry the fingers in the oil till they are golden brown and drain on a clean cloth or a piece of paper towel. Season well with salt and pepper and a good squeeze of lemon juice. Serve with the tartare sauce.
Recipe kindly provided by Morrisons.