- In a pan big enough to take the mussels, sweat the vegetables and garlic in a little oil for 5 minutes then add the tomatoes, peppercorns, seeds, herbs, and tomato paste. Cook for 5 minutes then add the mussels, cover with a lid, and cook until the mussels open.
- Remove the mussels with a slotted spoon and reserve.
- Add the fish stock and apple juice to the pan and bring to the boil. Then turn to simmer and cook out for about 20 minutes then strain through a sieve.
- Season the monkfish and fry in a hot non stick pan in a little oil until cooked through, approximately 6 minutes, turning regularly.
- Warm the mussel broth and add the vegetables and mussels to warm through, whisk in the garlic herb butter a little at a time.
- Divide some of the vegetables into the serving bowls, top with the fish, then spoon any remaining vegetables and mussels over the fish, along with the mussel broth.