- In a little of the oil cook the aubergine in batches until nicely browned, remove and reserve.
- In the same pan add more oil and cook the onion, celery, and pepper until soft.
- Add the vinegar and sugar and reduce to a glaze, add the tomatoes and cook until thickened, add the aubergine and remaining ingredients and season.
Red Wine Sauce
- In a pan bring the wine, vinegar, shallot, and garlic to the boil and reduce to about 60ml.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter a little at a time.
- Cook the pasta as per packet instructions, drain once cooked. In the same pan add the cream and boil, add the pasta, lemon juice, and herbs. Season and mix.
- In a non stick pan, heat the oil.
- Roll the monkfish in the paprika.
- Fry the monkfish for approximately 6 minutes turning from time to time.
- When cooked allow to rest, then cut each fillet into 5 nuggets.
- Spoon some caponata in the middle of the plates, roll up pasta on a fork, and place on top of the caponata.
- Arrange the nuggets of monkfish around the pasta.
- Drizzle the red wine sauce around the outside of the dish