- Melt the butter in a large pan with a lid.
- Add the garlic, lemongrass and chopped coriander stalks.
- Add coconut milk and Thai curry paste mix well and bring to the boil
- Add the cleaned mussels
- Put lid on and turn up heat to steam mussels for five minutes.
- Serve mussels into bowls.
- Discard any un-opened mussels
- Add chopped coriander to sauce.
- Pour over sauce and serve.
Method (Creamy Cider)
- Remove any barnacles and pull away the beard from the mussels.
- Discard any damaged or open mussels.
- In a large saucepan heat the oil and add the onion, garlic and bacon. Cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes until the onions soften.
- Add the sprigs of thyme and cider and bring to the boil.
- Then add the mussels and cover with a lid. Cook for 4 minutes and remove the thyme.
- Add the crème fraiche and mustard and simmer for 1 minute.
- Serve into bowls and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Accompany with hot crusty bread.