- On a medium heat, fry off onion, garlic, and coriander stalks in vegetable oil until the onions are soft but not browned.
- Add the garam masala, ground coriander and chat masala spices and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add two tins of chickpeas and water to the pan.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 20 minutes adding water if it starts to dry out.
- Using the back of a wooden spoon, drain and crush the remaining chickpeas. These will be used to thicken the sauce.
- When the chickpeas are soft, add the cod, skin side up.
- Cook for a further 12-20 minutes.
- Lift the cod out so that it does not overcook and sprinkle the remaining chopped coriander.
- Serve the sauce into a bowl and place the cod on top. Serve with a spoonful of natural yoghurt and chopped coriander leaves.