Summer’s here and so here’s a great recipe to try, making the most of fresh seasonal asparagus plus
BigFish Brand Salmon Fillets with Garden Mint!
- Bring a pan of boiling water with 1 tsp of salt to a rolling boil. Add the pappardelle and cook for 6-8 minutes, occasionally stirring to stop the pasta sticking together.
- Take the BigFish Brand™ salmon from the freezer and remove the outer packaging. Pierce a hole in the vacuum pack on each fillet, then place on a microwavable plate and cook on full power for 4 minutes from frozen, until cooked.
- Then, in a large frying pan, add 2 tbsp olive oil and bring to a medium heat. Add the chopped shallot and garlic, cooking for 2-3 minutes until softened and translucent but not browned.
- Add the white wine to the garlic and shallot and cook for a further minute, before adding the mascarpone and gently stirring together.
- Take the cooked salmon from the packaging and flake into the white wine and cream sauce, allowing all the flavours to combine.
- Just before the pasta has finished cooking, add the asparagus to the water in the same pan and let the two cook together for one minute.
- Drain the pasta and asparagus, and then add to the salmon and sauce.
- Add the lemon zest to the pasta and sauce, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste, before serving and topping with a sprig of fresh mint.