- Preheat oven to 180c and lightly grease or spray a baking dish (something not too big or deep - I often use a 20cm square disposable foil tray).
- Simply check fish for any skin, trim and pat dry. Lay fish out ﬂat and season with salt and pepper.Spread a thin layer of your preferred sun-dried tomato paste.
- Place a slice of the Parma ham on each fillet. Add a few basil leaves and roll up the fish fillets like a swiss roll. Stand on their ends.
- Spoon over half of the homemade tomato sauce. Sprinkle with the finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 15 mins. Whilst cooking,add a little cream or crème fraîche to the remaining sauce to loosen and warm through. Add in some torn fresh basil leaves.
- Remove the fish to a decorative serving dish. Spoon over some of the baked sauce and top with the remaining fresh sauce. Finish with fresh chopped ﬂat leaf parsley and toasted pine nuts to decorate.
- Serve with your favourite accompaniments (peerie tatties roasted with whole garlic cloves and fresh rosemary are lovely, or just garlic bread and salad).
Recipes provided by So Much To Sea...