Recipe supplied by Martin Wishart award-winning chef and restaurateur
- Dice the halibut into 1cm squares.
- Season with Maldon salt.
- Whisk the lemon juice, gastric, sugar and salt together.
- Add to the halibut along with the lime juice, tomato fondue and the tequila.
- Finely chiffonnade the coriander leaves and add to the mix with the tomato dice.
- Divide the mix equally between six 6-7cm stainless steel rings placed in suitable serving bowls.
- Place the diced mango on top of the halibut.
- Cut the passion fruit in half and scoop out the seeds and juice into a bowl. Whisk the pulp together to break up the passion fruit.
- Finish the ceviche with a tablespoon of passion fruit over the top, and some of the croutons.
- Finally finish with the coriander oil.
For the Gastric
- Put equal quantities in weight of white wine vinegar and caster sugar in a pan and bring to the boil.
- Cook until it turns a light golden colour, remove and cool to room temperature.
For the Coriander Oil
- Blend the coriander leaf with the oil and salt until a paste is formed.
- Place into a medium pan on the stove and bring to the boil.
- Pass through some muslin cloth and allow oil to drip through.
For the tomato fondue
- Sweat the shallot and garlic in a saucepan without colouring.
- Add the tomato flesh and bouquet garni, cover with a paper cartouche and slowly cook on the stove for 45-55minutes, so that the fondue sweetens in flavour and is almost dry.
- Discard the bouquet garni and allow to cool.
- Then place in a blender a puree until smooth.