- Clean the radishes in ice water and slice thinly using a mandolin
- Check the mackerel fillets for pin bones, removing any you find with kitchen tweezers.
- Heat virgin olive oil in a heavy-based wide pan. When hot place the mackerel fillets skin side down in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then turn the fillets and cook for a further minute.
- Chop the mackerel into small neat dice
- Spoon the mackerel into round moulds on the plate. Neatly place the chopped radish on top, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with your choice of herbs
To learn more about Tom Kitchin’s food philosophy and Edinburgh eating experiences visit http://www.thekitchin.com