- Prepare the clams: check all the clams are closed and discard any that are open or don’t close with a gentle tap, together with any that are cracked or damaged.
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a saucepan over a medium-low heat. Add the onion, garlic and mushrooms and cook for 3 min or until the onion is almost translucent.
- Pour in the wine and thyme and stir, then add the clams. Stir and cover the pot for about 8-10 min.
- While the clams are cooking, cook the linguine according to the instructions on the pack and drain.
- Discard any unopened clams, season with salt and pepper and stir through the linguine. Garnish with the spinach and chopped tomatoes