BigFish™ Brand salmon fillets do not require defrosting before cooking and can be used in this recipe straight from the freezer.
You can use frozen or fresh pastry – if using frozen defrost overnight in the fridge beforehand or in the microwave according to the packet instructions
Serve with steamed vegetables or a salad for a nutritionally balanced and delicious family meal.
- Pre-heat your oven to 200°C
- Bring a small pan of water to the boil and blanch the spinach for oneDrain and squeeze out and excess water.
- Now add the lemon zest for an extra zing, then the cream cheese and nutmeg. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and mix together. Leave to one side.
- Dust a non-stick surface or tray withRoll out the puff pastry and cut into two rectangles, each one approximately twice as big as each of your salmon fillets.
- Place one of the lemon and pepper salmon fillets into the middlethe pastry and top with half of the spinach mixture. Fold over the remaining pastry to cover, before trimming any excess. Crimp the edges using your finger or a fork, gently pressing together. If the edges don’t stick, use a little water.
- Repeat with the second salmon fillet and remaining ingredients before placing on a bakingUse any excess pastry to decorate before lightly brushing with egg yolk.