- Season the fish with a little salt and pepper.
- Heat a frying pan and when hot add the oil and John Dory fillets. Cook for approx 2 minutes depending on their size, then turn over to cook the other side. When the fish is cooked, remove and keep warm.
- Add the baby gem to the pan (add a little more oil if required). Turn the baby gem to cook briefly on the other side but aim to keep it crunchy. Add the capers to the pan.
- To make the dressing, shake all the ingredients together.
- Place the cooked crunchy baby gem on the serving plates, lay the fish up against the lettuce and spoon over the dressing.
Tip: For a simpler dressing, use shop-bought vinaigrette in place of the mustard, lemon juice and olive oil, and just add the garlic and pinch of smoked paprika