- Heat a frying pan and when hot add a little oil, place in the John Dory fillets, cook for approx 2 min depending on size then turn over to cook the other side. At this point add the baby gem (cut side down) in the same pan as the fish.
- Blitz all the ingredients for the dressing and add a pinch of salt.
- When the fish is cooked, remove and keep warm.
- Turn the baby gem to cook briefly on the other side but try to keep it crunchy. Add the capers to the pan.
- Place the cooked crunchy baby gem on the serving plates, lay the fish up against the lettuce and spoon over the smoked garlic dressing.
If you want to simplify the dressing, use shop-bought vinaigrette in place of the mustard, lemon juice and olive oil, and just add the garlic and pinch of paprika