- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Once boiling rapidly, add the langoustines and boil for 1 minute.
- Place into a colander and run some cold water over them.
- In another saucepan, bring the sugar, fish sauce, star anise, lime, chilli and 100ml water to a boil. Simmer for about 10 minutes then allow to cool.
- Preheat the grill to high. Split the langoustines lengthways and arrange on a grill tray, cut side up.
- Spoon on about half of the syrup and grill for about 3 minutes. Serve with the remaining syrup in dipping pots for everyone to enjoy.
Thanks to our friends at Seafood Scotland for this recipe!