- Heat the oil in a deep-fat fryer or large saucepan to 180°C or until a cube of bread turns golden in around 20 secs.
- Mix the flour with a little salt and pepper and the cayenne pepper on a plate. Place the egg in a bowl and the breadcrumbs on another plate.
- Dip the sole strips into the flour mixture. Lightly tap off any excess, then dip into the egg and finally into the breadcrumbs.
- Place in the hot oil until golden and crispy, about 3 minutes, then drain on a paper towel.
- Serve on a large plate with the seafood sauce to dip the goujons into.