- Combine the butter with the Worcestershire sauce, tabasco, cayenne pepper, mustard and sugar plus some salt and pepper.
- Rinse out the sardines and pat dry. Using a sharp knife, slash the skin diagonally on both sides.
- Preheat the grill to medium. Spread plenty of butter over the sardines.
- Grill for 5 minutes on each side, turning once.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water till just cooked.
- Combine them with the mayonnaise, horseradish, lemon juice and seasoning
- Serve the fish alongside the potatoes and some green leaves, garnished with the fresh herbs