Baking tray, weighing scales, measuring spoons, knife, chopping board, plate, cling film, small plastic bag, shallow bowl, fork and 2 small plates.
- Preheat the oven to 200C or gas mark 6. (Adult)
- Grease or line a baking tray.
- Cut the fish into little finger-sized pieces. Cover and put in the fridge.
- Place the corn flakes, Parmesan and paprika into the small plastic bag. Press everything together to crush the flakes into crumbs. Pour onto a plate.
- Beat the egg in a shallow bowl. Spread the flour on a plate.
- Toss each piece of fish in the flour. Then dunk in the egg and roll in the crumbs. Sit on a baking sheet and continue with remaining fish.
- Cook the plaice fingers for 10-15 minutes, until golden. (Adult)
- To make the dip, mix all of the ingredients together in a small bowl. Serve with the plaice fingers.
Around 8-10 fingers
- Try different fish, such as coley or haddock.
- Use breadcrumbs, rather than cornflakes.
- Add dried herbs to the crumb mixture.