- Preheat the oven to 190C/gas mark 5. Set out 6 x 10cm tart cases.
- Unroll the pastry and cut 6 x 13cm rounds. Use the pastry to line the tart cases, then prick the bases lightly with a fork and trim the edges. Place the lined cases in the fridge and chill for 10 minutes.
- Cover the tart cases with baking paper or foil and fill the centres with baking beans or dried pulses. Bake for 10 minutes then remove the beans and paper or foil and cook for a further 6-8 minutes, until pale golden.
- Soak the saffron in 1tbsp of just-boiled water and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Mix together the eggs, creme fraiche, soaked saffron and saffron water, and then the chopped parsley. Fold in the crab meat and season well.
- Divide the mixture between the pastry cases and bake for 15-20 minutes, until puffed and golden. Allow to cool slightly and serve warm or at room temperature, topped with the tomatoes and garnished with parsley leaves.
This recipe was brought to you by Acrunet: