- Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
- Add the onion, carrot and celery and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Do not allow to burn.
- Stir in the rice and cook for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add the fish stock and milk and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the rice and vegetables are cooked.
- Puree the soup in a liquidiser or blender. Return to the pan and stir in the crabmeat and fish sauce. Heat gently for about 5 minutes, taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.