- Preheat the oven to 180C. Butter the insides of six ramekin dishes and sprinkle with the grated parmesan cheese.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan and mix in the flour. Cook for a minute then gradually add the milk, bit by bit, to make a roux.
- Gently cook the sauce until thickened then add the tomato puree, mustard powder, Tabasco sauce, and Gruyere. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary then stir in the crab meat.
- Allow to cool slightly, then beat in the egg yolks.
- In a clean bowl whisk the egg whites until they form peaks. Add a spoonful of the egg whites to the egg yolk mixture and gently fold in using a metal spoon. Gently fold in the remainder of the egg whites.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the six ramekins.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes or until risen and golden.
- Serve at once.
This recipe was brought to you by Acrunet: