- Pin-bone the mullet fillets. Mix the cornmeal and lemon zest together and season generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roll the fillets in the cornmeal, pressing onto the skin and flesh. Chill until required.
- Prepare the Salsa Verde: put the parsley, capers, garlic and anchovy fillets into a food processor. Whizz until well chopped. Add the breadcrumbs to the herb mix and whizz again.
- With the motor still running, add the oil in a thin stream until the sauce is well emulsified. Add the lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a large frying pan, add the mullet fillets, skin side down and pan fry over a low heat for 1 – 2 minutes, pressing the fillet onto the pan with a fish slice, to ensure that it has a chance to brown. Turn the fish and cook on the second side for a further 1-2 minutes until the flesh has lost translucency. Add a couple of lemon wedges to the pan in the last minutes to allow them to colour too.
- Lift the fish onto a clean dish and spoon the salsa around the fish and garnish with parlsey and seared lemon wedges