- Cook the penne in boiling water until al dente, drain lightly and return to the pan with a little of the cooking liquid.
- Slice the coley fillets into thick medallions.
- Fry the pancetta in a small pan until the fat begins to run and it is brown. Lift the pancetta onto a late.
- Fry the monkfish medallions for 2-3 mins in the remaining fat, until lightly brown and cooked through. Lift onto a plate.
- Add the oil to the frying pan and heat. Add the garlic and basil and cook for a few seconds as the sizzle. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and cook over a medium heat until soft and pulpy.
- Stir the tomatoes mixture into the pasta along with the monkfish, pancetta and tomatoes. Season to taste and serve. Pile into a large dish to serve.