- Thoroughly wash and rinse the clams to remove any dirt or sand. Discard any clams that stay open when gently tapped or where the shells are damaged or cracked.
- In a large pan, heat the oil over a medium heat. Add the garlic and fry for 1 minute, then add the white wine.
- Increase the heat and boil until the liquid has reduced to half the original volume.
- Add the clams, cover with a lid, and steam until the clams start to open, around 3-5 minutes.
- Add the butter, cover, and cook for another few minutes, or until the clams are all open. Discard any that don’t open.
- Transfer the clams and juice to 2 large bowls and serve sprinkled with parsley. Delicious with warm crusty bread to mop up all the juices.