- For the baked crab, preheat the oven to 200C.
- Heat a frying pan until medium hot, add the butter, leeks and bacon and fry until softened then add the stock and cook until reduced slightly.
- Add the double cream and return to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until just thickened.
- Add the mustard, cayenne and lemon juice and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Stir the picked crab meat into the sauce.
- Mix the cheddar and breadcrumbs together in a bowl.
- Divide the crab mixture among, 4 crab shells or oven proof dishes and top with the cheesy breadcrumbs.
- Place onto a baking tray and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until golden-brown and bubbling.
This recipe was brought to you by Acrunet: