- Pulse half of prawn (6 oz.) in a food processor until very finely chopped. Scrape it out into a mixing bowl.
- Add yellow onion, celery, garlic, bell pepper, green onion, and cilantro to the food processor, you may have to chop them into big chunks to fit better, and pulse a few times until diced. Scrape veggies into the same mixing bowl.
- Add remaining shrimp, lemon juice and lemon zest to the food processor and pulse a few times to chop. Scrape it out into the bowl.
- Add egg, mayo, bread crumbs, salt, and cayenne pepper to the mixing bowl. Mix everything well until all ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Preheat a large cooking pan over medium heat and add some veggie oil.
- Form burger patties that are about 4 inches in diameter and ½ inch thick. You will end up with 4-5 patties.
- Cook prawn burger patties for 7-10 minutes on each side, until all done and firm to the touch.
- Meanwhile, smash the avocado in a small bowl with a fork. Add little bit of lemon juice, pinch of chili powder and a dash of cumin. Mix well. (Increase amount of avocado and spices in accordance to however many burgers you are preparing.)
- Build cooked shrimp burgers with some tomatoes on the bottom and a hearty dollop of smashed avocado on top.
*Prawn burger patties can be stored in the refrigerator, in an air-tight container. You can easily reheat them for a couple of minutes in a pre-heated cooking pan over medium heat. I do not recommend using a microwave to reheat them.